Thursday, April 16, 2009

Formula D Long Beach 2009

I think I am running out of excuses.

haha Just kidding.

Well the weekend was not a great time for me and our RS-R Scion Team.
I did no make the top 32 qualifying cut. On the first run, I spun after the transition of turn 9 to turn 10.
Here is the video to my first run.

On the second run, I cleared the whole course except the last hair pin corner where I stalled. I don't feel right blaming the car but the engine was misfiring a little bit and I lost power, which caused me to lose drift.
Here is the second run.

I feel that our car is possessed by some evil spirits or something. I cant think of any other explanation because the car ran perfectly fine throughout my shake-down sessions.

The reason i say i cant blame the car is because i have not been practicing lately. The last time I drove this car before Long Beach was last November at the Red- Bull Drift event. Actually, the last time i drove this car was last October for Irwindale. I didnt even drift at Red Bull because my engine was broken.

We will go through a series of test sessions and practice days before Atlanta.

Im starting to worry about my career...

-Ken

2 Comments:

Blogger Slonie said...

That sucks Ken! You had it dialed on the second run before the car stalled. Bad luck! I'm sure a few more days of testing will shake down any mechanical problems...

April 16, 2009 at 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Jonny Mac said...

No worries, dood! Just shake it off. You're a great driver. Next round just pretend it's your old 240 or your dad's corolla, and DRIVE it like you HATE it!

You're gonna slay Atlanta.

Gushi Auto Forever!!

April 16, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home