Monday, October 26, 2009

Post Formula D Irwindale


Photo by Jose Martinez.


So its been a week since the end of the season. I have been meaning to update but I have been rather busy. School finally caught up to me. Get the idea, im still a student.
So..

I can honestly say I had a great time this season in the Formula D series. Even though the RS-R Scion tC gave me such an attitude at every event, my team managed to get the car running. Recapping this season, I think we had some kind of mechanical trouble at every event with the exception of Round 1 Long Beach. For that event, it was totally my mistake. Not in the driving, but in the car set-up. So we failed to qualify.
To keep things short, we qualified in the rest of the following rounds after Long Beach climbing from a poor 33rd spot to a decent number 10.
This season, Team RS-R had a top qualify at New Jersey, a fourth place finish also in New Jersey, and even a podium 2nd place finish in Sonoma.I would have liked to keep the podium numbers even with my team mate Tanner, but man that guy is a machine. First year out with a brand new car and has 3 podiums including a win.

But im not in any way bitter about it (ughh!!! Tanner, watch out! im coming after you!!!)
I believe that team RS-R and Scion Racing has done a great job this year. Not only was it my team trying to get us going but I had help from tons of people outside my team to get me going! So to many of you out there Thank You! you know who you are.

Now.. Onto Irwindale.
We ended up finishing the event in the top 16 when i lost against the winner of the event, Ryan Tuerck. When I was in the following lap, I gained too much on him on the bank that I had to lift for a split second. that lift caused a big enough gap throughout the rest of the course to give him a leading advantage. So what do i do at this point? . . . I have to create an even BIGGER gap on my leading lap. So we switch and I try my best to leave him in the dust.

no luck. His car is wayy to fast.

I hope next year, the tC will have more balls and horsepower than all the cars on the field. If some teams want to play a horsepower and displacement game, then I'll bring a horsepower war.

Anyway!, I enjoyed the rest of the night cheering on Robbie and Tanner. Robbie unfortunately lost to Ryan in the top 8 but GOODJOB! Robbie for making it to the best 8.
Tanner finished the event in 3rd! Go Scion!

I am not going to be sad and lonely for the next couple of month before the 2010 season starts. For the time being, i will finish my missile project and practice.

Thank you everyone for a great 2009 season! Thanks Formula D! Thanks RS-R!
Thanks Toyo! Thanks Scion! Thanks to all my sponsors! Thanks to my lovely fans!

Thanks mom! and dad! =)
For 2010, all you @#$%^#%es better watch out! haha jk.

Goodbye 2009 Season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home