Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Drift Day

Man, I have not participated in one of these in a long time.
The last drift day i remember.... I cant even remember. Anyway, it was nice being there again. I got to see new talent and new faces. However, alot of familiar old faces were there too. Lets see.. Hiro Sumida, Taka Aono, Andy yen, Alex Pfeiffer, Justin Pawlak, John Russakoff, uhhhh..Who else... oh Naoki ! and uhhh I think thats it. Andy Luk came by a little later to treat us to some In and Out burgers. How nice of him... HAHA
The drifting was fun. I took my beater 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S. It was super slow but it was cool going back to the roots of drifting a super slow rwd. I was forced to stay floored on the throttle to keep the car sideways because it lacked power. I am spoiled now with a 500hp Scion tC. But to keep my drifting fresh, I must go back to an underpowered car once in a while.
This is the after math
I brought a total of 4 extra wheels+tires just in case. But honestly I was quite surprised that the little Corolla even managed to burn off rubber.
This was my second set of tiresI didnt want to be stranded at El Toro so I saved my last set for my drive home.
Here are some pictures of that day.
Here is Hiro Sumida



Hiro brought out his Cressida but unfortunately had a few kinks he had encountered. This cressida is super fun to drive. He let me do a few laps in it. I can't wait to get mine running like his.

Then there is Ceso and Billy. They drove my Corolla too.
And then here is A. Luk
Here is the good lunch he brought us.
Lesson I learned this time: Don't spoil yourself too much with HP. You tend to neglect the basics.

Thanks Naoki and Drift Day and Thanks Andy! for lunch... HAHA

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jonny Mac said...

Can't neglect the fundamentals, right?

;)

Kill it in New Jersey!

May 27, 2009 at 4:18 AM  
Blogger K. Gushi said...

You should have came out Jonny!

it was a good time.

and yes, i will kill jersey! wooo

May 27, 2009 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger singbluesiliver said...

"Don't spoil yourself too much with HP. You tend to neglect the basics."note taken hehe

May 29, 2009 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger SuJ said...

glad to see you're still doing your thing

May 31, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home