Friday, November 13, 2009

Missile.

Some more updates.

This last Tuesday, I went to Megan Racing to buy some coilovers for the cressida. I need shocks badly because cut springs wont cut it. Since I am on a budget, Megans are a great deal!!!

The only thing that was kind of a pain was the fact that I would have to cut my stock shocks to get the spindle part of the assembly to weld with the coilovers.

Since i am not a great welder, I called Scott who owns and runs SPD Metal Works in Anaheim to do some fabbing for me. He is superior at metal work and I would not go to anyone else. He is also the main man who built Dai's IS350 and also Dai's 9-Day miracle V8 S13.

Anyway, you can check out his website here: SPD METAL WORKS

So..I went to SPD Metal Works on Thursday to get the fabbing done! I also took my open differential to get that locked as well! Here are some pictures.


Meet Scott.


Today, now that i have my stuff welded, I spent some time installing some goodies i have been buying. First I installed the Serial Nine Subframe bushings. You may not be able to tell from the picture but the bushings are in there. They actually raise the subframe up closer to the body too.
 
Next I installed the differential bushings. This was actually harder than i thought because i didnt have a press to punch the old bushings out. I used an air hammer and hammered the crap out of it. After about 30 minutes of banging away, they came out and in went the new serial nine diff bushings.






Now my rear end is solid. Instant sideways drifting with machine gun clutch kicks!!

After that, i installed my coilovers. Rear first then front.




Along with the coilovers, I also put in the RCAs that had been sitting around my trunk.
Lastly, i bolted up the R32 brake calipers but i forgot about rotors so that will come next.

I need to order a few parts and make trips to Baker Precision to get some brake lines.
Hopefully by next wednesday, my car will be off the lift and on the ground with my wheels!!

2J, Where are you??

4 Comments:

Blogger Benson Hsu said...

ken chan i'm going to HTM on december 19 or 20th... you wanna come?!

November 14, 2009 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger K. Gushi said...

I'll go watch you drive!! =)

can i help change tires? haha
unfortunately i dont think my car will be done by then. I ddont want to take a half-assed car and have it break down on me.

hopefully by the end of dec. the car will be done. maybe next time, we can twin drift! =)

November 14, 2009 at 4:34 PM  
Anonymous deft said...

I was going to ask if you were still running a 7m...but I'm guessing you are, and looking to swap a 2j?

November 15, 2009 at 12:27 AM  
Blogger K. Gushi said...

Hey Deft,

yea, its currently still got its 7m.
but the car doesnt even run yet so the motor is going to come out next week.

i just need to source out a 2J.

November 19, 2009 at 3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home