Monday, May 19, 2008

Scion United

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to attend the first ever Scion United event in Boulder City, Nevada. This event catered to about 500 Scion owners who signed up to have their car showcased for a Scion ad. All of the cars that attended were all mild-to-extremely fixed up. I saw tons of nice xDs, tCs, xAs, and of course the bad-ass xBs. I drive a 2008 Scion tC, but deep inside I am in love with the xB.
I got to Vegas Friday night around 7:30 and met up with some of the Scion guys (Cory, Steve, and another Steve) to go out for dinner. We ended up eating at this nice fancy Italian restaurant where I had Occobuso(?) Veal chop. There lobster bisque was delicious..MMmMmmmm.
Saturday morning, I got dressed to go to the event. It was super hot and all I had were jeans. I needed to get out of them so Steve bought me a pair of shorts at Walmart.
It was his first time inside Walmart! congrats! haha
So I got to the venue and saw my car displayed at the Scion Racing rig.

Photobucket
The venue was on top of dirt and wind was blowing in all directions.
But the crazy part was that they built this venue from ground 0.
They had white tents everywhere including a club-like set up for entertainers RedMan and Flo Rida.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Inside the dining hall was huuuuge and packed with Scion owners. If you look at this picture, you can see the scale of the tents and roughly how many people attended.
Photobucket
Overall, It was a great event! I heard Rap-artist Too-Short was scheduled to come in and perform as well, but he flaked.
If i were him, I would be regretting it by now. Don't mess with Scion and the Toyota family.
Thanks Steve and Thanks to the rest of Scion! I had fun!
Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home