Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bangkok, Thailand

OMg this place is hot!!!! But I have a lot to look forward to.

First thought as I deplaned: humid. Are you serious?? I have never sweated so much at night.

Btw, this place has no traffic rules... Or so it seems.



People drive all over the place here.

My plan for this trip is to check out Formula D in Asia and see if I have a place here. So the very next day, I took off to wonderworld park in Bangkok.

With me was Ryuji Miki who already competes in the series.
Also, surprisingly, Ueno-San from T and E was there to help out an Asian driver.



Big props to the top three finishers for the event. The level of competition here is catching up to the US quick. Some drivers such as Tengku Djan, are already at the international level where they can compete anywhere.




Overall, I feel like I can fit in here. If I can find a ride by next season, I would love to be a part of the competition and share with them what we do in the USA. Anyway, much thanks to the US formula d crew Ryan Sage, Daijiro Yoshihara, and Andy Yen. Also many thanks to Marcus of FD Asia for the hospitality.

Now that my work was done, time to see what Bangkok is all a out. The night life is insane here. Japanese tourists everywhere.


Everywhere you go, someone knows how to speak a little Japanese.

The city during the day is nice too. I went to a huge department store known as MBK and I was tired from all the walking



And then in the department store somewhere, my friend found this:



Hahahaha serious?!? That's from 2006!!! Isn't that trademark infringement?! They were only 200 baht which is about $7. Oh well.

Then somewhere in Bangkok, we found this:



Looks like Yoshinoya huh? Well....


It's a copy. GYUNOYA. surprisingly it was better than the American yoshinoya. In fact the American one isn't as great. I was enjoying this copy food.




Yeah, that's a don't cross sign. But why does the dude look weird? Area 51?




A real Thai massage gave me sore muscles. It hurt and tickled so much that I tensed up the entire time.

Then there was this at the night market. Yes, bugs bugs and more bugs.





A delicacy in Thailand. I didn't have enough guts to try it. Maybe next time. See you guys soon!

I'll be here for a few more days and then back to Tokyo for more drifting at Ebisu Circuit!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lance said...

Did u go to the famous JJ Market?
Oh, you may fine tune your radar, there's so many fine ladies who used to be a boy.

November 26, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home