Thursday, November 25, 2010

Tokyo pt 2.

Ahh. Home sweet Tokyo.
Now that I'm back in Tokyo, I get to do what I originally came here to do. Drift



My mom already went back to LA so I'm on my own now. But my good friend Robbie Nishida was nice enough to let me stay at his house again while I'm here.

My first stop was BX Garage, Robbie's old workshop. Here, we had to swap out a motor in a JZX90 Mark II which was my missile car for he next two days.






We finished the swap real fast. I guess 4 people working on a car with designated jobs can finish a swap fast. We knocked it out in a couple hours.
The next day, we had a whole day to relax before packing up for our drifting trip. Since we had time, we went to Shibuya and Shinjuku to do some tourist stuff. The train ride was a wreck!! It gets so packed in the train car but no one says a word! How awkward is that?!



Afterwards, we met up with our friends Maru-chan and Arisa to grab some dinner


The next morning, we were off to Nikko Circuit. This track has been a dream of mine. I have been watching pro drivers drift this track since the very first time I saw drifting (back when I was about 11).







My first challenge was to get accustomed to drifting a RHD. The hardest part? Shifting and Hand brake!!! Wtffff?? I was confused alot. I had a hard time shifting from 2nd to 3rd. I even initiated the first entry in 5th gear once. Anyway, on Daigo's first run out, he crashed into Shinji's x90 and broke his lower control arm while Shinji broke his entire rear shock assembly.

Overall, I feel like I got the hang of it after a few laps.
I wasn't quite comfortable running tandem yet because of my lack of confidence using the handbrake. The best part about Nikko? Going full throttle from the last corner to kicking the car sideways into turn one. I wish I can do this everyday.

That night, we drove 2 hours north to Ebisu Circuit and stayed at a natural hot spring hotel.






It was late when we got there but we had a lot of time to relax and chill while kicking it. Had a few drinks and called it a night. Btw, the milk in a glass they sell at these hotels are the best.

The next morning,



Ebisu!! I can't believe I was here. I've been watching them drift this place since the day I remember seeing drifting for the first time.



Maruchan will make a video so I won't say much about the driving. But damn, jump drift is fun!!!!!

Btw, there is a sign that prohibits entry, but if you don't care, you can see bears there. They are Fu***** huge.



On the way back home, we ate at a popular Katsu-don place. Mmmmmm I wish I can go back there



I couldn't wait!! Hahah I took a few bites before snapping pictures.

Anyway, my next stop is Bangkok, Thailand for Formula Drift. Let's see if I can find a ride to run the series.

Bye Tokyo! For now..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home