Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Round 4 Las Vegas Motorspeedway

Photobucket
Thanks Mark!

Honestly, I don’t think the car has EVER run this good in its short life. For the first time, I had the confidence in the car. Hiro’s Auto Koji had the rear differential mounts fixed since the old one was vibrating due to a crack. What can I say? The Toyo Proxes R1-R’s are just that sticky. Another big improvement was horsepower. Team RS-R decided to shoot nitrous oxide in the lower-range up to the mid-range between 2000 to 4500 RPM and under 5 lbs. of boost. I noticed that the car would take off much quicker than before. Up until this event, I was having a hard time getting the car up to speed. I love NOS. It’s the best creation ever. Oh wait! Im sorry! I’ll tell you what the best invention ever is. It’s the COOL SHIRT. With the cool shirt, I have ice-cold water flowing through a tube that’s stitched onto a t-shirt. Las Vegas was about 110degrees at 5pm. The cool shirt was awesome.
Thursdays practice was a chance for all of the drivers including myself to learn the track. When I got to the track for the first time, I walked through the entire course. To tell you the truth, I was scared. The entry for this course was a blind 90mph left turn into a long right hand turn. The course was not so bad driving it as it was walking it. I felt good going into qualify for Friday. On my first run, I got a score of 89. Orido had a 92. For the second session, Robbie Nishida and I made a deal to place higher than Orido. Robbie got a 94 and I ended up with a 93! Woo hoo!! So it went like this: Robbie, ME, Orido. Team J-P-N 1-2-3 finish.
Saturday’s qualify session was much more strict. Even with a similar run from the previous top 32 qualify, I only scored an 88. I qualified 14th for the top 16 and was matched with Rhys Millen. On our first run, I noticed his solstice was much faster than the RS-R Scion tC on the straight. As soon as I hit the entry, I pulled right up to his door and tried my best to keep up with him through the course. The score was 10-9 my lead.
On my lead lap, everything was going smooth until the very last corner, I lost all power.
This could hurt me real bad. And it did. 7-0 Rhys. What happened you ask? The intercooler piping came apart and I lost boost. If that held together for another few meters, I could had been in a better place. Overall we are currently 14th place; back into the Seeded group woohoo!!! RS-R Scion tC is now ready for Seattle!

Ill come back with pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home